Now that the weather is warming up, we’ve all been a little more focused on sprucing up for spring and summer. From the time at the gym to hair and nail appointments, it’s definitely the time of year to refresh grooming routines after the cold winter months. That should also be the same for your precious pets as well. It’s time to trim up those winter coats and pretty up those paws.
Need helping picking a dog groomer in Fort Collins? Check out our Top 5 places for grooming:
1.) Michi’s Grooming
2.) Animal House
3.) The Dog Pawlour
4.) Spa 5 paws
5.) Wagz Pet Market
How to Pick the Perfect Groomer:
If you’re new to getting your dog or cat groomed, don’t hesitate to give your local groomer a call. They’ll be happy to answer any questions you have and help put your mind to ease.
Here are some basic tips for making sure you’re picking the right groomer for you:
- Visit the shop to make an appointment in person
- Does the staff appear knowledgeable, caring, and gentle?
- Is the facility well lit and clean?
- Do the animals have enough room in their cages (they should be able to stand and turn around comfortably)
- Are dogs and cats caged in separate areas?
- Does the groomer keep complete pet records (including grooming, medical, vaccination and emergency contact information)?
Ask your friends and neighbors their experiences as well. You can never do too much research when it comes to someone handling your fur-baby. Don’t feel bad about asking questions or for a tour. A great groomer won’t hesitate to show you around and assuage any anxiety you or your pet feels about the process.
Do you have a favorite groomer in Fort Collins? Let us know your recommendations in the comments below or on our Facebook page!