One Ingredient Chicken Jerky
These yummy chicken jerky treats make special and healthy snacks for your cat and dog.
- 1lb deboned, chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 175-180℉ or the lowest temperature setting.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with a slight edge. You can use parchment paper to help with cleanup.
- Slice chicken breasts into ¼-inch thick strips.
- Place sliced chicken breasts onto the prepared baking sheet leaving about ½-inch between slices.
- Bake for two hours. If the slices are not dry, continue baking until they appear very dry.
- Remove and let cool on a cooling rack. To store, refrigerate in an airtight container once cool.
If the slices are too long for your cat you can break them into smaller pieces. You can also slice the jerky treats for smaller dogs as well. This means the jerky will last even longer!
Here is another version of the above chicken jerky treats for cats and dogs. Try both and see which one you like the most!
- 1 1/2 pounds of skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Wash the chicken breasts with water and slice into 1/4 inch strips.
- Place the chicken strips in an single, even layer on a baking sheet, leave a small amount of space between each strip.
- Bake until the chicken strips are dehydrated, about 2 hours.
Check that the strips are done by cutting one open. There should be no uncooked parts and there should not be any moisture inside. Store the jerky in sealed containers for about a week or longer in the refrigerator.