People always ask what types of pets we watch. In case you are curious, we watch the most dogs and cats, but we also watch so much more! The truth is, we love when we get unique furry, feathered and scaled friends to spend time with.
What we will watch
- Backyard chickens and goats
- Small animals: ferrets, rabbits, mice, rats, hamsters, chinchillas, hedgehogs and all the little friends
- Reptiles: snakes, iguanas, chameleons, lizards and scaly friends
- Birds: large parrots down their their mini cousins
- Horses and ponies
- Other farm animals
- Other friends: hermit crabs, fish, tarantulas and more!
I am sure I am forgetting something!
Choosing a sitter
If you have an exotic pet and are needing a pet sitter, please reach out to us to discuss your situation. While we do watch all animals, every household requires different care. While any sitter can watch a hermit crab, a house with 10 parrots will need a little more care in pairing a sitter.
When we speak to you we will determine:
- The normal routine for your exotic pets
- How much direct contact they will have with your sitter
- If any of your exotic pets have health concerns
Based on these factors we determine the level of experience your sitter will need have. Whenever possible we pair exotic pets with sitters who have prior experience with the same species. Some animals require more prior experience than others. For instance, horses and large parrots require a person with prior experience in case a health problem arises.
When watching exotic pets we take the entire household into consideration. If your exotic pets do not require much additional care then we will not charge any extra. For animals that may require specific expertise, such as parrots and horses, we do charge a bit extra. We take great lengths to have sitters on staff that have such experience, and they are hard to find!