How Do I Choose the Right Pet Sitting Service?
At Wet Noses Pet Sitting we tailor your appointment to the needs of your household. This is great for your pets but can sometimes be confusing when trying to decide what type of appointment to schedule. Here are some tips we use to match you with the best schedule for your needs and make sure you have the right pet sitting service:
What is your regular schedule with your pets?
When you are gone we prefer to keep your pet’s schedule as similar to your regular schedule as possible. Some of the aspects your should consider are: how many times your dogs go outside during the day and what times, how often your pets are fed, when medications are given and how much attention and exercise your pets require.
Another factor we ask you to think about is when during the day do you interact with your pets and what does this interaction look like? If your dogs love to go for a long walk in the afternoon then maybe a longer mid-day visit would be a good idea. If your cat loves her cuddle time in the evening then a dinner visit with extra time will be in order.
Do I need an overnight stay?
Some clients prefer an overnight stay for the security it provides your home but there are two factors we use to determine whether an overnight stay is necessary for your pets:
- Do your pet need attention (potty break, medication, etc) really late at night or early in the morning? Our normal visits are 7:30am-9pm so anytime outside of these hours, an overnight is recommended.
- Do your pets sleep with you on the bed? Not having a person there overnight can be a very upsetting change for some pets.
How many visit per day do I need?
After taking a look at your normal routine we like to set you up with as many visits as you need in order to keep your pets happy and healthy. We recommend:
- Dogs: 3-4 visits a day or 1-2 visits and an overnight stay
- Cats: 1-2 visits per day or an overnight
We require at least two 30 minute visits per day for dogs and one visit per day for cats, but we find they are much happier with more frequent visits.
How long should my visits be?
Along with how many visits the next step is to decide how long your visits should be. Our most common visits are 30 minutes long, but many people utilize our other visits as well.
- 15 minute visits – Good for shy cats that do not need any attention or a quick potty break for a dog. We often recommend these for late night dog visits.
- 30 minute visits – A normal length visits. This is enough time for feeding, dog walks and some good attention.
- 45 minute and 1 hour visits – Longer visits are great for pets that need extra attention or dogs that need longer walks.
It often helps to mix and match visits, such as a 30 minute breakfast and dinner visit and a 15 minute late night visit.
We have sample schedules based on your fur kids!
We know it can be hard to figure out a schedule the first time and to envision how your trip will go. We set up a list of sample schedules, so find your most high need pet and look at our suggestions:
So what now?
If you still have questions or want to talk through the possible schedule with us, give us a call! We are happy to discuss our services with you and make sure we match you with the best option for you and your fur kids. If you know what you want to schedule then hop on our online system and set up your appointment today!