Have you ever wondered what would happen if your dog got hurt during a visit with your dog walker? Well, that is exactly why dog walking insurance was created. Today we’re going over what it covers and why you need to make sure that your dog walker has it.
Dog walking insurance covers the client and their pet’s while in the care of a dog walker.
- If your dog somehow gets out and makes a mad dash into traffic and gets hurt, your covered.
- Any injuries to others they may happen while your dog is with your dog walker. For example, a child runs up to your dog and scares them, causing the child to get bit, the insurance will cover those medical expenses.
- If the dog walker feeds them food or exposes them to something that they are allergic to and they have to go to the vet for care, your dog is covered for that as well.
What dog walking insurance doesn’t cover is the dog walker themselves.
They need to be covered by worker’s compensation insurance. This will cover them in case your dog walker or pet sitter is injured at your property. This can include instances such as:
- They slip on ice, fall down the stairs, or otherwise get hurt while at your house
- For some reason your feels afraid or threatened and the pet sitter gets bitten
Dog walking insurance won’t cover them if they get injured. And if their own insurance won’t cover their care, then it’s possible that they may try to get your homeowner’s insurance to cover their injuries. That’s why it is important to make sure that your dog walker or pet sitter is also covered by worker’s comp.
Are Wet Nose Pet Sitters Insured?
We sure are! All of our sitters are covered by our bonding and insurance. We are bonded and insured by the Business Insurers of the Carolinas. And if we’d be happy to provide proof of this upon request. We are also proud members of the National Association of Professional Pet Sitters and Pet Sitters International. We have employees (versus independent contractors) so we are also covered by worker’s compensation.
As always, if you have any questions or want to book services, don’t hesitate to contact us!