Is your cat that lucky Valentine this year? After all they are our special friends and constant companions. So celebrate the day with these delicious Valentine’s day cat treats! And show your precious little fur baby some extra love.
Baked Tuna Valentine’s Day Cat Treats
These treats add a little oomph to plain canned tuna.
- Canned tuna
- Cat friendly garnish (like catnip or wheat grass)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place parchment paper on a baking sheet
- Mix one can of tuna and one tablespoon of garnish in a medium bowl
- Use a teaspoon to scoop the tuna mix onto the baking sheet
- Form tuna mix piles into a heart shape on the baking sheet
- Bake these treats for about 5 minutes or until they are warm
Feed this Valentine’s day cat treat in moderation, too many treats can give your cat a stomach ache.
Spinach and Chicken Valentine’s Day Cat Treats
Many cats crave some roughage (like spinach) in their diets, it’s the reason many cats try to eat house plants. These treats are a great way to add some variety to your cat’s diet, all in the form of a tasty treat.
- 1/2 pound of steamed boneless, skinless chicken thigh
- 1 cup of spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1 cup of quick cooking oats
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit and place parchment paper on a baking sheet
- Place the cooled chicken, spinach, oats and egg into a food processor or blender and blend until the mixture is smooth with some chunks
- Pour the chicken mixture into a bowl and add the flour, mixing with your hands
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface and cut with a small heart cookie cutter OR make thumbnail sized balls and flatten them
- Place the shaped dough on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick can be cleanly removed
Be sure to completely cook the chicken before adding it to the treat mixture. Feed these treats in moderation and break larger treats into cat sized pieces .
Cooked salmon is great as a special Valentine’s day cat treat. Many cats love this tasty fish. Be sure to cook all salmon thoroughly (by steaming or grilling) to make it safe for your cat. For this special treat, dice a small amount of cooked salmon and feed it to your kitty in a dish.
Valentine’s day can be filled with dangerous food for your cat. However, these Valentine’s day cat treats are sure to safely woo that special feline in your life.