Sweet Potato Hanukkah Cookies for Dogs
Looking for a recipe for sweet potato cookies for dogs? We have you covered. Sweet potatoes have always been a staple for adding more fiber into your pets diet as well as keeping them full for longer. This year we wanted to celebrate Hanukkah with a recipe that features them. Here is a healthy way to include your dog in the tradition.
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2c Oats
- 3c Flour
- 1tblsp Xylitol-Free Peanut Butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking sheet.
- Peel and dice the sweet potatoes and place in a pot of boiling water.
- Boil sweet potatoes until soft then puree in a blender.
- Whisk the egg and peanut butter into the sweet potato puree.
- In a separate bowl mix the oats and flour.
- Add the sweet potato mixture to the flour- oat mixture.
- Stir the mixture until combined.
- Roll out the dough of a floured surface to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Use cookie cutter or a glass to cut the cookies into shapes.
- Bake the cookies until golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool and feed them to your dog.
These sweet potato cookies for dogs are sure to be a hit during Hanukkah!