If you’re a pet owner, then chances are that you have thought about hiring a pet sitter for them at some point. And you’ve probably also wondered, what’s the cost? Is it worth it? How do they charge? Well, we have the answers for both our business and the industry standards.
A Breakdown of Standard Professional Pet Sitter Costs
- Industry standard for professionals is: $30 for a 20 minute
- Hobbyists or even neighborhood kids usually charge much less
- Learn more about the difference and the benefits of hiring a professional instead of neighbors, friends, or family.
- Charging for the length of time is most common
- Some charge only by visit no matter how long it is
- Location (metropolitan areas often have the highest rates)
- Types of pets (horses, farm animals, birds, or possible medical conditions)
How we charge at Wet Noses Pet Sitters:
- We charge for the length of the appointment
- Our appointments can range from 15 minutes to an hour
- The number and type of pets (this can vary a bit, depending on the pet family dynamics)
- Sometimes we do extend services outside of our usual area for a slightly higher rate
- We do not charge extra for holiday visits
- Take a look at example schedules we recommend based on your pets
We pride ourselves on quality, consistency, and fairness. And while we’re not least expensive pet sitter you’ll find, we are one of the best. Our sitters are highly trained and dependable. We truly only want what is best for your pets.