Pet Fire Safety Tips
Experiencing a house fire can be devastating. While we can’t prevent every fire from happening there are ways we can pet-proof our home and steps we can take to ensure our pets safety. Here’s 10 pet fire safety tips:
- Don’t leave an open flame unattended.
- Avoid candles or invest in flameless candles.
- Secure your fireplace and electrical cords.
- Remove stove knobs or secure them to keep pets from turning them on.
- Make note of where your pet likes to hide or nap.
- Keep leashes and collars near the door.
- Pet-proof rooms for younger pets.
- Have a fire evacuation plan in place. If you’re not sure how to make one see this resource from the National Fire Protection Association.
- Consider installing monitored smoke detectors.
- Use fire alert window decals.
Did we miss any pet fire safety tips? Let us know in the comments or @WetNosesPetSitting or #WetNosesPetSitting. We’d love to add it!