Getting the perfect gift for the fuzzy feline in your life can be a challenge! These gift ideas are sure to please and keep your kitty content this holiday season.
- For the playful cat, toys can make a great gift. There are many types of toys available, so you can find the perfect one for your cat!
- Does your cat like to chase things? Check out the traditional feather wand or the automated “Teaser” cat toys. Feeling crafty? Try making your own stick toy by tying a string onto a clump of feathers and glueing this onto a small dowel.
- Does your cat like catnip? Try making your own catnip toy by filling a sock with catnip then using a rubber band or string to tie it closed.
- Cat trees are always a good gift. Cats love to get up high and check out their home. Cat trees come in many variations. I would recommend shorter cat trees for older cats and taller ones for younger or agiler cats. If your cat likes to scratch check out cat trees with scratching post bases.
- Cat beds are a great gift for the sleepy cat in your life. Try and pick a soft bed, that is easy to wash and place it in your cat’s favorite spot. Many cats love sleeping in the sun, so place the bed by a window.
- Scratching posts are great to minimize scratching and keep your cat healthy. Cats scratch to mark their scent and to file their nails down. Scratching posts range from very simple to very fancy. Simple cardboard scratching pads can be found at most pet stores. Some of the fancier scratching posts have twine that can be replaced when it is worn down.
- Cat treats can be a great present for your cat this holiday season. Check out our previous blog posts for cat treat recipes. A slight change in diet can also make a good gift. Try adding a can of wet food or a different type of pet food. Most cats love wet food, so this is a special gift for the holidays.
Cats can be difficult to understand, but choosing a gift for them can be easy. These gifts will help make this holiday season special for your cat! Let us know what presents your cat likes this holiday season on our Facebook page.