Gingerbread Christmas Dog Treats
If you’ve been baking this holiday season you know that most of the treats your dog can’t have. But what about gingerbread? Gingerbread is yummy treat for your dog this holiday season. These treats are very easy to make and fairly healthy for your dog.
- 3 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/2 cup of molasses
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl mix the flour, ginger, cinnamon and cloves together.
- In a separate bowl mix the molasses, water and oil.
- Mix the molasses mix into the flour mix and combine until it forms a dough.
- On a floured surface roll out the dough to a 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut the cookies into holiday shapes and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool and feed to your dog.