Dog Friendly Ice Cream Recipes
When it gets hot outside we all like to cool down with a refreshing treat and dogs are no exception. Here are a few of our favorite ice cream recipes to try and home with your dog.
1.Dog Friendly Strawberry Ice Cream
A classic strawberry ice cream recipe – for dogs! If you can use local honey that’s even better.
- 1c of plain Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt
- ½c of frozen strawberries
- 2tbsp honey
- Pureé all ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a silicone mold.
- Let freeze for 2-4 hours or until solid before serving.
Did you like this recipe? See the main blog page for more strawberry inspired recipes.
2. Dog Friendly Peanut Butter “Banana” Ice Cream
I love this recipe because it really isn’t ice cream which is great if your pet is lactose intolerant. Plus it’s super versatile with what you can top it with. It’s a perfect base for a dog friendly ice cream sundae.
- 2 Frozen Bananas
- 1tbsp Coconut Milk (or water or raw goat milk)
- 1tbsp Xylitol-Free Peanut Butter
- Thaw bananas for 10 minutes.
- Put all ingredients into a food processor, process until an ice-cream like consistency.
Tip: You can also add freeze-dried strawberries, shredded coconut, or blueberries as a topping.
Did you make any of these? Let us know @WetNosesPetSitting or #WetNosesPetSitting. We’d love to see your pictures!