https://wetnosespetsitting.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/892907_NationalCookieDay_2_111820.png 900 600 Liana Sanders https://wetnosespetsitting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/wet-noses-logo-420x120.png Liana Sanders2020-12-04 12:31:502020-12-09 13:00:25Celebrate National Cookie Day With These Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Cookies
Celebrate National Cookie Day With These Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Cookies
National Cookie Day is here and it is not only for humans! Allow your dog to join in the fun with this simple and easy recipe for peanut butter dog cookies. They are easy to make and much healthier for your dog than store-bought cookies. So give them a try and let us know how your dog likes them!
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prep a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Mix pumpkin puree, peanut butter, and eggs until well mixed. Gradually add 2 1/2 cups flour. Add an additional 1/4 cup flour at a time just until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out desired shapes and place them onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place into oven and bake until the edges are golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool completely.
Once you make them, take a picture and share it with us on social media. We would love to see your dogs enjoying them!