Do you want to start growing catnip in your garden this year? Or maybe start catnip for your indoor cats from seed. Learn about when to start growing, how to grow catnip and how to dry the catnip!
- Plant seeds indoors 4-6 weeks before last freeze.
- Catnip requires a lot of sun and water. Take that into consideration when picking a garden bed or a place in your home for your pot.
- Plant your catnip sprouts outside after the last freeze. If you are planting inside, make sure you plants have plenty of room to grow.
- Water your sprouts and watch them grow!
- When you plants have grown, cut trimmings to dry for your kitties. As the summer season comes to a close, take come clippings and transfer to an indoor pot to keep your plants going year round!
*** Expert tip ***
If you are growing full catnip plants indoors and have excited cats, use a large pot. Then plant the plants at least 6 inches below the rim. Put chicken mesh or other wire over the top of the pot so your cats can reach the growth without destroying the base of the plant!